Werder's midfield

Dieses Thema im Forum "International Board" wurde erstellt von waterboyro, 30. Juli 2008.

Diese Seite empfehlen

1. Hope so and he didn't seem to look too bad in the test games. Well, if Piza would come back we are complete and maybe we can compete this season. Let's see...

Saturday, we start with the cup match, against hungry Union Berlin. You got a ticket Spreewerderaner (your name indicates that Union's ground might be close to your home)?

Let's keep an eye on our boy loaned out to Union, Jairo Mosquera...

2. Tasja

Tasja Guest

4. He just said it in a german interview cause they asked about his dream club. In the same interview he als stated, that he enjoys being a part of Werder Bremen and still wants to achieve something with the club.

I hope that he will sign a new contract any time soon. : )

5. Tasja

Tasja Guest

Barcelona is his dream. But if he goes there now, he is stupid, because he is not good enough. Jet. He should stay some more years in Bremen and after that maybe he has learned so much that he also will be able to play in Barca.

But okay, if he just want the money and is happy with that and only sit on the bench. Well then, please go. But dont come back and crie....:roll:

Think it is time young players come back to earth a bit. Because he is topclass in Bremen, dont mean he is top class in Barca (or in Bayern....).

6. I agree with both of you, 100%. He has potential to be a really great player - I just hope that he'll stay with us as long as possible.

7. I wouldn't be too worried about the story and the source. ESPN doesn't seem to know a lot about German football, they certainly don't know what to do with us small-timers who always capture the imagination of their surroundings and have many fans around the city and in the rest of the country. They might know Bayern Munich, but Bayern is the past at the moment, also runs at present which doesn't mean that they won't hit it big time sometime in the near future, but that needs a lot to happen in the club, the structure, the mindset still living off old laurels doesn't do it, their glory days are long gone but some people haven't realised that...

I checked ESPN's website a while ago, they even haven't included last year's German champion in their roster of former champions. Do you see that happening, say with the winner of last year's World Series, no...So one might wonder who is working there and what are they doing...ESPN has not been telling me a new thing for quite a while, I only like to read their columnists who write about the Dutch league, Spain or Germany, or US soccer for that matter...But, their headlines are the same as everywhere else.

Espn got the story from Skysports, Skysports got it from Bild. Bild is a springer press tabloid paper getting their hands dirty on more than one occassion in German post-war history, and they are based in Hamburg. Bild has not realised that exciting developments in German football take place elsewhere and not just in Munich, Hoffenheim, Schalke or at their beloved city club HSV. And, you know all to well what have been doing to the city's pride and glory club for the last 22 years or so :D. Seems to me we are at it again this year if you look at yesterday's results.

Bild is equivalent to the UK Sun or the New York Post in the States, if you put it like that. Somewhere in the back sre the Rupert Murdochs and the Rush Limbaughs of Germany lurking about...so you know what I give of that source, nothing, not a jot...;)

If I would keep counting the times they have written our players off to bigger clubs (stories sell) (in their opinion, this is including the glorious (dull, not topping the table for about 500 days) Bayern (scandalous, one wonders why, it could be stupidity and short-sightedness:D), Schalke (a club where some publicity hungry top tier managers always leak a nice story), HSV (their base, their dream to see them doing well) etc.), so you know what I think of it, not much. But, they have no links to our top tier management (part of the secret why we are doing well, because we try to solve our problems internally, sometimes to the dismay of us fans who would like to see a big profile signing or a rumour confirmed but nothing comes of that, including me at the beginning of the season but our management is more foresighted than I would have thought and that is nice to be dissappointed in that way) but we have the exciting players they would like to write about.

Klinsmann had a problem with them when he became Germany manager in 2004 and they discounted his attitude and the fact that he likes to live in a foreign country, my god, who listens to these conservative inbreds;). Bild was mouthing him off from the start because he wasn't their darling. So he simply refused to talk to Bild and they campaigned against him from day one onwards. Only to see us doing ok in the World Cup later...and then, all was honky dory, you know what I mean.

This doesn't mean that Oezil will eventually leave, but I am sure he is undecided at the moment, at least. They would never mention that a Diego might have even considered staying with us, but from what I heard this option was at least considered by him, so we fell short of Juve but not by a million miles and Allofs looked for the right package (got a bad one in my opinion, but maybe this was the maximum you get for a player in his position and the implication that comes with selling and signing classical No. 10 player).

Sorry for my long explanation here. Just give you a bit more of the low-down what is going on the media in Germany. If you want to have a look at some of the sleeping pills I was talking about in the German media, go to dsf.de and watch some snippets from on Doppelpass under the section Fussball and you can see some of the jaded looking doomsday sayers I was talking about, Bild people included (the programme is in German though), but have a look...

8. Thanks for the rather extended reply, Bremer......I'm honestly quite sorry that you felt it necessary. If my only source of news was ESPN, I would not even be a fan of the sport, much less a fan of Werder Bremen. I only posted this story because I thought it was entertaining.....much like you obviously did. ;)

I am currently in France......oh how I wish I could make it to a match!:wall:

9. No, no. No need to be sorry. I am just worried about some of the media's spin (mind you I am a leftie living in the UK ;)) and some of them seem to enjoy to persistently manipulate because some of the journalists are really biased or not particularly intelligent, I am not sure.

If I came across as arrogant in my last post than it wasn't my intention to be a little know-it-all. I am sure transfer rumors are occurring persistently throughout the season but I am sure the players try to concentrate on their jobs and maybe think about transfers at the end of the season. All I want from Oezil right now is his total commitment until the end of the season, and he seems to be delivering on that front.

No, no, the more people sincerely following us, this (best) our club in the world, even through spells when we are not as brilliant as now, the better.

The bigger clubs in the so-called bigger leagues seem to lick their fingers after some of our players but we are not simply a feeder club to the big clubs, it takes more for Werder players to sign for bigger teams. And, the uninformed, sleepy mainstream of the press simply can't get their head around this.

I think Werder's players don't think like that...Remember Marin decided to join us in the summer, thought his style of play is more suited to us than to Hamburg who were for a long time leading the race for his signature.

Keep our green-white flag flying wherever you are...maybe we are on for big things this season, I am a bit dreaming, of course, but we need to work hard and I believe this includes us as fans, being with the team on every step (mentally if we can't be there physically).

France, whereabouts? Remember we play in Freiburg later this month and this is relatively close to the French border. Try to get tickets for a home fixture, for instance you could try to see the game against Austria Vienna on Thursday night and stay through until Sunday. To my understanding, going to Bremen for a few nights in not unaffordable, I managed to make it once last season, not without complications but it was good. I know I was lucky I have some relatives up in Bremen but Bremen is a welcoming city.

In anyways, I wish that you can visit a Werder game soon, otherwise, keep following the team through what could be a fine season. And, try to tell those French players that they don't need to let their players go to average clubs in the UK and their footie magazines (France Foot) I believe is one of them who just follow the hype and they seem to disregard the Bundesliga and that despite the claims that the French have a good youth system...;)

Last minute point against Nuremberg this weekend, well, let's get into the run towards the winter break. By the way, Uli Hoeness from Bayern said in Bild that Bayern will be on top of the table by the winter, you see what I think about this press...

10. He would be crazy to move to a big club at his age and just sit on the bench for 5 years. It would probably affect his international career. He should stay at Werder until he has become captain for a season.

I can only dream that perhaps one day he will join the Ipswich Town midfield :D He might not earn any money or win anything but at least he would get a game!

11. I very much agree with you!:beer:

12. Bremer......thanks for the reply. All is good :beer:.

I am currently in Lille, soon to be in Bretagne, but in Praha for a few days this week. Not many great alternatives to get to Bremen from Lille, but the next time I'm over, a home match will be the first priority. (I'm a drummer and some groups in FR pay me to teach them percussion)

13. Extend his contract. Please.

Now.

14. I really wish it would be that easy, but after this match it didn't get easier.

15. Indeed....and I don't expect that it will get any easier. He was on fire today. If he can calm down just a little bit, he may do some great things.

16. killiefan

killiefan

Kartenverkäufe:
    +7
    I read in the UK press last week that Arsenal were keeping an eye on him. However, we all know how much crap is printed in the UK press.......or should that be Scottish sports pages?

17. Whether or not the rumours were true, it's more an more likely that Özil won't extend his contract, I'm afraid. With such performances like yesterday, he's basically playing his way out of Bremen; and I'm pretty sure we'll have many top teams knocking on our door after the World Cup, in order to buy Özil.

Hope we can hold onto him, but I doubt we'll be able to.

18. Realistically, we will have to hope that he continues to have an amazing run in the WC - which is entirely likely. I'm all for it, since that means that DE goes far.

Otherwise, we're not going to keep him, so ramping up his transfer value is to our advantage in order to get more out of it all. Even though WB hasn't been able to traditionally retain our best players, we've been rather notorious for acquiring new ones.

19. So....apparently Barca is extremely interested in Oezil. According to many sources, they would pay a transfer fee and then loan him to WB for the next season...and in addition give us two players, Hleb and Henrique. As much as I would prefer to simply retain Oezil....this appears to be an extremely favorable situation for us...and could easily make us serious contenders in the Bundesliga next season - without leaving us empty in the future.

This alleged offer comes without any counter offer from the other clubs who have already expressed interest (Including Inter Milan and Manchester City). I say....let the bidding begin!!!!

What do you think?