Welcome to the English speaking part of the new Werder forum. Where are you from?

Dieses Thema im Forum "International Board" wurde erstellt von BremerAmerikaLine, 24. Juni 2008.

Diese Seite empfehlen

1. la_mariposa

la_mariposa

Kartenverkäufe:
    +20
    It works a bit different with tickets sales in Germany. We don't have the typical ST - member - general sale distribution. At Bremen the ST holders have their ticket guaranteed of course and for home game everything else goes on general sale, which closes after a while. They then go through the applications and if more people wanted tickets there is a draw (at home games there is no member priority).

It might be possible that there are seats still available shortly before the game and in that case sale would open for those - though that is more likely for the less popular teams rather than Dortmund and Munich etc. The standing terraces tend to be sold out during the first phase though.

However, it is often possible to get tickets via this forum, so when it gets closer to the game and you think you can make it would be worth having a look. I'm sure someone on here would help to put a request in the 'Ticketbörse', the official marketplace.

2. take a look one post above :wink:

3. la_mariposa

la_mariposa

Kartenverkäufe:
    +20
    Well I was thinking about implying that but wasn't actually sure if you were offering something or not so I didnt want to impose any obligations on you :p

4. Only 2, my wife was trying to get hold of 2 for a surprise birthday present for me but had to tell me in the end as she didn't fully understand how she could get tickets!!

5. BUMP.

Are you offering tickets or offering to help with a post in the Ticketboerse. If it's the latter then help is gratefully received but my German *should* be good enough to post a request myself!

We can definitely make the game now as it's been confirmed as 15:30 on Saturday 8 February.

I notice that with my login and purchase history from last season I can purchase tickets for the Braunschweig game in this introductory phase, so I'm hoping against hope that the Dortmund tickets make it that far.

I may well post a request in the Ticketboerse in German as a back up plan.

Thanks all for your advice.

6. la_mariposa

la_mariposa

Kartenverkäufe:
    +20
    I'm not sure what Andy was offering, but I'm sure he won't mind you sending him a message on here. :)

7. Nobby1

Nobby1

In German terms I'm from Beverley, England as that's where I was born. However I usually tell people I'm from York as it is more well known and I lived there several years and still have a house there. I've lived in Bremen for seven years now and love it. We have two kids. A daughter who is 12 and a son who is nearly 9. He plays for Werder U9's and has been there for three years now (Sol O'Brien) . Naturally I have become a Werder Fan over the years. My son and I watch every match either in the stadium or on SKY. My previous teams in England were Hull City, Lincoln City and Nottingham Forest (all places I've lived). I just want Werder to survive this season and build on it next year. I think Robin Dutt will do well here but the first two years will not be easy.

8. killiefan

killiefan

Kartenverkäufe:
    +7
    I often liken The Schnoor to The Shambles in York when I'm trying to describe it.

9. Greetings from Wales

Will be looking to attend some games in the new season so any assistance in ticketing where to stay and where not eat and beer recommendations are more than welcome.

Cheers =)

10. killiefan

killiefan

Kartenverkäufe:
    +7
  11. sgjr80

sgjr80

hello WERDER BREMEN, i'm sal garcia jr. from Los Angeles,CA in the U.S. Been a fan/supporter of werder bremen since ca.2006, consider myself a newbie. Became a bigger supporter when this "small" club beat real madrid in the champions league. The club has lost quality players in the last few years, but have no doubt that the green-whites will return to contention in coming years. i'll try to be a regular here as much as i can and offer my two cents.

12. opalo

opalo

Kartenverkäufe:
    +221
    Welcome to the forum :beer:

13. la_mariposa

la_mariposa

Kartenverkäufe:
    +20
    Welcome Sal! For me it also has got to be the strong CL performances in the mid-2000s that drew my attention to Werder Bremen. :) However, I think the most important bit is that we are staying loyal even at times like these and I do hope you're right.

14. I am a new football fan from Colorado, having started watching games just one year ago. It started with having the chance to watch every Premier League game live on NBC. I spent quite a bit of time researching EPL teams, and trying to find a favorite based on the team's personality, style, and, to some degree, location (since having a team somewhere I'd actually like to visit and stay for a while would be a good thing). I started by watching Arsenal, but I'm also fond of Newcastle because of a friend. In learning about football, I started exploring German and Spanish teams, too. I looked into Spanish teams because of my heritage and German teams because of I loved traveling there in the 1990s, and have long had an affinity for Germany. My favorite city in Germany was Munich, but I have an aversion to picking the best team as a favorite--it seems plastic. I liked what I read about BVB, especially the Yellow Wall, Jurgen Klopp, and how he builds teams, but I've never been to Dortmund and it doesn't seem like a place to vacation. It also seems like a team with bandwagon fans. That brings me to this site. I had a short visit to Bremen in 1991, and thought it was quaint and beautiful. With the Özil connection, I got interested in Werder Bremen. Now, I am on a mission to learn more about the team, it's history, and it's coaching staff. I also joined the Werder USA fan club as a founding member. Any sites you'd recommend would be appreciated.

15. killiefan

killiefan

Kartenverkäufe:
    +7
    Mate, I'd say if you've got this far there is no 'wannabe' about it.....you're a Werder fan now & you'll soon be running the rollercoaster of emotions that go with it.

16. la_mariposa

la_mariposa

Kartenverkäufe:
    +20

Very impressed with all you research and glad you've come to the right conclusion. :) I can assure you that Werder Brememn & Newcastle United are the most beautiful combination to support! :daumen: It may be frustrating at times, but you won't have a boring weekend for the rest of your life (bar summer break). :D I follow Arsenal a bit as well and went to see them play in England last season, mainly because of Özil & Mertesacker (another Bremen connection) and Podolski, who is from my region in Germany and a bit of a local hero, but I'm not too fond of their fans to be honest. :(

In terms of website, this is the place to be obviously. :D For articles on general football and the Premier League I think The Guardian has some class football writers and of course FourFourTwo.

17. MKIMP

MKIMP

Hello to all of you, I have just registered on the site.

I am a Lincoln City fan from Milton Keynes and will be coming to Bremen in February with my 3 sons and hope to take in a Werder game while we are here and perhaps 1 other. I am hoping to make such trips a regular feature of my football life and looking forward to it.

18. Breizh

Breizh

Kartenverkäufe:
    +1
    Hi guys!

I come from Bretagne (French west coast), live in Bremen for 3 years now and really following and supporting Werder since 2 and a half ;).

Allez les Verts et Blancs! :applaus:

19. killiefan

killiefan

Kartenverkäufe:
    +7
    http://forum.werder.de/showthread.php?31229-IWF-w-e-4

not too late to join in...

Do you have a ticket for the game on Saturday?

20. DeeRus

DeeRus

Hi everyone

6 of us got VERY lucky (had to split the orders into 2 blocks of 3) and we've managed to get tickets for the Nordderby :schal:

We are from Dundee and maybe a little unlike the rivalry between Werder and HSV, most of us support Dundee FC and a couple support Dundee United - the closest league grounds in the UK!!

We are due to arrive on the Friday evening and leave on the Monday evening and have previously only seen the square at the Bremen Hbf, between arriving on a flight and departing on a train (this was for the Scotland vs Germany game last September).
    We are actually in Bremen for a stag doo but we're 'more a mature crowd', so its not about throwing the beer down our neck, to see how quickly its going to come back up :bier:

I'm sure we can find a few places on the Friday and Saturday but the main event of the game - its for this reason, where would you guys suggest before and after the game?

From what I've read, Amadeus crops up a lot, as does getting the No.3 tram and getting off at the corner where Hamburger Straße meets Verdener Straße - we are staying in the Ibis Bremen City, if that helps?

Any help and suggestions would be great and thanks in advance of your comments :beer: