Trams & Trains in and around Bremen

Dieses Thema im Forum "International Board" wurde erstellt von killiefan, 16. Juli 2013.

Diese Seite empfehlen

1. killiefan

killiefan

Kartenverkäufe:
    +7
    What is the best (& by that I mean cheapest) way for a large group to travel around the city? I'm sure the answer will be to use the trams but what are the best tickets to get & can they also be used on the trains as we may have to get to Hamburg for the flight home.

2. opalo

opalo

Kartenverkäufe:
    +221
    If you are travelling to Hamburg on a Saturday or Sunday, the cheapest option I know about is a "Schönes Wochenende" ticket which is 42.00 Euros for 5 people per day. With this ticket you can use all trams, buses and regional trains (which means no IC trains and no ICE trains, but all RE, RB and metronom trains and all "S-Bahn" trains).

If you are going to Hamburg on a day other than Saturday or Sunday prices are different. I do not know if there are any special offers such as the "Schönes Wochenende" ticket then. There are such offers here in North Rhine Westphalia, but that's different in each Federal State.

However, for days when you stay in Bremen only there should be cheaper options - perhaps any of the locals can help here since I do not know anything about prices and ticket options in Bremen.

3. Masa

Masa

Kartenverkäufe:
    +149
    Hei Killie.
    Tell us first how many people want to take part in the trip ;)
    Also for trains and trams their are group-tickets available. But it mostly depends on the number of the travellers.

4. killiefan

killiefan

Kartenverkäufe:
    +7
    I don't have a total yet as I just announced to everyone that I'd arrange things. Could be 10+ though...

5. Masa

Masa

Kartenverkäufe:
    +149
    If you are more than 10 people you can use the group-tickets. But you have to contact the BSAG for the trams and the Deutsche Bahn for trains.

With this tickets you can save a lot of money.

If you need the tickets more spontaneously, than it´s better to use the regular group-tickets like the Schönes-Wochenend-Ticket at the weekends or the Quer-durchs-Land-Ticket on weekdays.

For the trams you have the option 10er-Ticket - so you buy 10 tickets and save money.

Hope it helped you.
    Feel free to ask if you need more help.

6. MarcoBode1969

MarcoBode1969

Kartenverkäufe:
    +180 / -1
    I think a better/ another option would be to use the "Niedersachsen-Ticket" which can be used in all trains Opalo described and which is valid for Bremen, Niedersachsen (Lower Saxony) and Hamburg. Its basic price is 22 Euros and for each additional person - up to five people per ticket - you have to pay 4 Euros extra, so that a ticket for five people is 38 Euros. And it is valid every day of the week (from 9 am to 3 pm of the following day). So if you really have to go to Hamburg (only) it seems the better choice than the "Schönes-Wochenende-Ticket" or the "Quer-durchs-Land-Ticket".

7. greenV

greenV

I too think that the Niedersachen ticket could be your best bet for the least amount of hassle. Costs 22euro and can add up to four other people at an extra 4 euros each. Think kids travel free if you have any in your group. Gives travel on the Regional Trains and trams and buses. It can also be used on the local buses/underground in Hamburg. Like Marco's said i's only valid after 9 Mon to Fri (is it not till 3am the following day rather than 3pm though?) so depends when your flight out is, I imagine you're thinking of the EasyJet new route from EDI.
    We used this ticket to visit Miniatur Wunderland in Hamburg when staying in Bremen.

8. killiefan

killiefan

Kartenverkäufe:
    +7
    Thanks for all the advice. We're looking at the Freiburg game 18th-20th Oct (first w/e of Freimarket too :daumen:) so would fly into Bremen with Ryanair on Friday morning & maybe leave via Hamburg on the Sunday afternoon. Due to Freimarket the hotel prices are more than normal so I may try to blag somewhere that I believe makes great pancakes for breakfast....:D