Liam Boyce

Dieses Thema im Forum "International Board" wurde erstellt von killiefan, 20. Oktober 2011.

Diese Seite empfehlen

1. killiefan

killiefan

Kartenverkäufe:
    +7
    Kilmarnock have taken Northern Ireland international striker Liam Boyce on trial, following his release from Werder Bremen.

The former Cliftonville player, who spent time on trial with Ceptic in July 2010, will spend two weeks with Kenny Shiels’ side.

“I need to see how he has come on since I last seen him,” Shiels told STV. “He's certainly a player who has a lot of calibre and a lot of assets that will help him fit into our style of play. He's a very good player.

“He's not a fully developed player yet. He's 20 years of age but he hasn't played professional football for very long. So there's a lot of work that has to be done with Liam.

“I feel like my staff are the right people to do that, to take him to the next level of his career. It could be beneficial for him and beneficial for ourselves also.”

Boyce, 20, moved to Germany in September 2010 and joined Werder’s Under-23 side, making just three appearances last season, before his release this month. Capped four times by his country, the player also had a trial with Serie A club Bologna in the summer.

Shiels though isn’t promising to make Boyce’s stay in Ayrshire permanent at present and says there are many things to consider before any offer is made to make him a Kilmarnock player.

“I don't think we need to mess with the boy's head at the moment,” said the Kilmarnock boss. “We want him to come in relaxed and composed and play in a number of friendly games.

“There will be no pressure put on him from us. Let's see if he enjoys him and if we enjoy him and, if the feelings are mutual, we can take action on that.”

2. killiefan

killiefan

Kartenverkäufe:
    +7
    Boyce, however, remains enthusiastic and is confident he has found the right club to reignite his career. “I want to get a contract here as I know a lot of players and I know Kenny [Shiels, the manager] from back in Northern Ireland and I like his ideas,” said Boyce, who made his senior international debut against Scotland in February.

“He is good with younger players. Hopefully, he can bring me on and make me better.”

Werder Bremen to Killie.................never ever thought I'd hear that!

3. killiefan

killiefan

Kartenverkäufe:
    +7
    No deal, Werder asked for £52,000 'compensation'. Killie haven't got £52 never mind £52,000. Do you think they'll waive the fee if I put in a personal plea?

4. Why do you still have to pay for him?

5. killiefan

killiefan

Kartenverkäufe:
    +7
    I'm thinking that story can't be correct? Werder released him so he would surely be 'free' to go anywhere?

6. Oddly he was on trial for Oxford this Summer and played in a reserve game for us v Birmingham. Obviously didnt impress the gaffer too much because we didnt pursue it. :thumb:

7. Maybe its something like training compensation?
    Its possible that the contract expired this year, when a player is under 21 (?) and his contract expires, the new club still has to pay a fee (no Bosman rule there)

8. killiefan

killiefan

Kartenverkäufe:
    +7
    I think this is correct as 'training compensation' was mentioned in the original report.