International Membership Options

Dieses Thema im Forum "International Board" wurde erstellt von montywoodpeg, 7. November 2011.

Diese Seite empfehlen

1. Hello All,

I'm a Werder fan from Australia. I've never had the fortune of visiting Germany, nor have I had a chance to see Werder play (in person).

I am a member of a club here in Australia, and noticed during the sign-up process that they have a 'Non-Ticketed' option for fans living interstate, overseas or for some other reason can't attend matches. This form of membership is intended to allow fans to show their support when buying a membership that includes ticketing would be too expensive to justify without attending.

Unfortunately, my German language skills are poor at best, and since the membership section of the site is only available in German, I've been left a little in the dark about the options. Is membership only available to Germans, or might there be a way for me to show my support?

:svw_schal: :dance:

Many thanks, and hopefully some others here may learn something too. :)

2. opalo

opalo

Kartenverkäufe:
    +221
    Hi back :)

I've had the fortune of visiting Australia three times & I loved it... ;) Last time was in September, but obviously we did not meet since the only people who commented on my Werder shirt were Germans... :D

Anyhow, BTT: Werder has two options of becoming a member
    a) full membership (12 Euros per month)
    b) "supporting membership" (probably not the perfect translation, but I'm too lazy to look for a better term :D) (6 Euros per month)
    Both give you advantages when buying tickets and a 10% discount when buying stuff at the Werder fan shop. a) has got some more extras, including voting rights at the Werder Bremen General Assembly, but I don't know that much about it, since I have chosen option b).

I don't know whether you can become a member if you do not live in Germany - the website does not say anything about that. I would suggest to send an e-mail to info@werder.de and just ask them whatever you want to know about becoming a member. Asking in English should be fine ;)

Good luck!

3. gelöscht

gelöscht Guest

You also get the magazine automatically, but I don't know about sending it to Australia...

4. Many thanks opalo!

Football does not get as much attention as it deserves in Australia, and when it does come up in conversation, the only non-English based clubs of mention are generally the big 4 out of Spain and Italy. :(

Nonetheless, I'm Sydney based and catch as many games as I can on Setanta sports online. Perhaps I should mention, part of the reason I haven't visited Germany and was looking for a cheaper membership option was because I'm still a student :roll:

Thanks again, I'll send an email to info@werder.de and post back here with any solutions to assist others in the future.

5. opalo

opalo

Kartenverkäufe:
    +221
    I would be surprised if that worked since sending the magazine down there would cost Werder more than the monthly fee for the "supporting membership" ;)

6. opalo

opalo

Kartenverkäufe:
    +221
    I've been to Sydney also, but no Werder shirt there ;) However... I could have put it on in the opera - might have been fun... :D There were people with flip flops & shorts in there, which is definitely worse.... I was there during the rugby championship; rugby was shown everywhere, but I have not really watched anything of it since I have tried to understand the rules without success before...

The membership fee for students is even lower - the prices I have stated are for adults :)

Student prices are 5 Euros/month for a full membership and 2.50 Euros/month for a "supporting membership".

7. Ewr

Ewr

You can be a member outside Germany, but you have to pay for a year in advance. Just use the form at: https://antrag.werder.de/crm2/jsp/K...81533DEB671C7371DD2735CBFA89?ZielgruppeID=725
    Tick "Fördermitglied" on question 1
    and "Fußball " on question 4
    When you reach "Einverständnis zum Bankeinzug" just write "Send bill, live in Austrailia".

That was what they told me, although I live in EU but they never said anything about restricting it to EU.

The form will generate a pdf that you have to print and send by mail

8. Hi. I'm trying to apply for my membership online but when it comes to entering my bank details for the full membership it's not recognising the account number?????
    Any help or advice please. :crazy:

9. Buckelhuhn

Buckelhuhn

Kartenverkäufe:
    +41
    Hi :wink:

Do you use IBAN and BIC? Maybe that's the problem, we have the system with 22 IBAN characters and if your country use more or less, the page do not recognised that? :confused:

10. Yes, it doesn't recognise the IBAN number:(

11. opalo

opalo

Kartenverkäufe:
    +221
    I would suggest that you send an E-Mail to info@werder.de and explain your problem. a) they will learn then that their application form does not work for international fans and b) they should be able to find a solution for you. Good luck!