Fan from Dublin, Ireland

Dieses Thema im Forum "International Board" wurde erstellt von irishboy, 10. August 2013.

Diese Seite empfehlen

1. irishboy

irishboy

Hey folks,

I'm a 30 year old bloke from Dublin. It's my first year watching the bundesliga and decided to support the mighty Werder Bremen.

I think it was the green that got me ;)

Anyone from Ireland give me a shout.

2. Bremen

Bremen Moderator

Kartenverkäufe:
    +5
    Mìle fàilte irishboy and we hope that you enjoy the Werder-Forum. :wink:

3. irishboy

irishboy

:daumen: Impressed

Very excited about joining the Green and white family. :schal:

4. Bremen

Bremen Moderator

Kartenverkäufe:
    +5
    I suppose you like the layout auf our forum - green, white and orange like the irish flag. I went three times to Ireland and I like the wonderful people there as well as the beautful country, the music, the beers and whiskeys and much more.

5. irishboy

irishboy

Love the forum layout!!!

I'm glad you came. We love meeting outsiders and having a beer. You'll never be without a friend in an Irish bar.
    I've yet to come to Germany. I hope it'll be soon. And to see a game. Is it nice around Bremen?

6. Bremen

Bremen Moderator

Kartenverkäufe:
    +5
    That's right. I spent some great nights in irish bars.

Of course. The old town of Bremen is very nice, the Town Hall an the statue of Roland are belonging to the UNESCO World Heritage.

7. irishboy

irishboy

Can't wait to come.. What's the atmosphere like in the stadium. Is it family orientated. Or mostly males.. Ultras, hooligans? I've been to many a match from teams all over the world and know the fans can be very different.

8. Hey irishboy my Instagram friend ;)

Nice to see you here :daumen:

9. irishboy

irishboy

Hey! My man:beer:
    Your taking me to my first game when I arrive :daumen:
    Then your going to show me what the Germans drink..

10. WORD :daumen:
    :bier:

11. la_mariposa

la_mariposa

Kartenverkäufe:
    +20
    Welcome! I have good memories of Irish football fans travelling, so I think we could certainly use more of those. :D

Hooligans... no. ;) I never felt unsafe in the standing terraces. There is ultras, fans, younger and eldery people, “sod-that-for-a-lark floating punters" (as Nick Hornby would say), men and women. I think most families would rather pick seats than standing terraces but there's quite a few of them.

12. As a Maltese guy I loved Bremen, probably because it was 5-10 degrees Celsius in late March/beginning of April whereas it was already 25 degrees Celsius in Malta or so, and I hate hot weather/love cold weather. I liked the city because mostly because it's a very clean and safe city imo, at least that's the impression I got in a week there:D Most Germans thought my dad and I were Italians though, and many didn't know where or what "Malta" is (apart from some Turks), but anyway we'll keep that on the side:D:D

Welcome to the forums by the way!:bier:

Also, the bars/pubs just outside the city centre are amazing, especially in a junction which is full of Werder shops (I think it was Jürgenstraße or something? There's a Werder Imbiss in the centre). You'll definitely like the atmosphere in them, especially on matchdays!

13. killiefan

killiefan

Kartenverkäufe:
    +7
    Start making use of the dublin-bremen route that ryanair are starting next month :daumen:

14. irishboy

irishboy

Sounds good brother. I hope to experience the stands myself soon.

15. irishboy

irishboy

Your like me then. I love the cold. Give me a warm jacket and boots anyway over t-shirt and shorts. Hate the blazing sun.

But I can't wait to check out the bars/shops. I feel I'll hAve to earn my place there by at least watching every game this season on TV. I am after a baby werder Bremen fan. One game in my career
    :schal:

16. irishboy

irishboy

Perish the thought if flying ryanair. But it's a sacrifice I'm willing to take :beer:

17. la_mariposa

la_mariposa

Kartenverkäufe:
    +20
    :tnx: ;)

18. killiefan

killiefan

Kartenverkäufe:
    +7
    I love ryanair.....for shorthaul flights....hand luggage only etc....

Keep posting on here, get to know people, make contacts & you'll be standing & singing in no time....

19. irishboy

irishboy

:daumen: