As a French guy, I was wondering...

Dieses Thema im Forum "International Board" wurde erstellt von Breizh, 24. März 2015.

Diese Seite empfehlen

1. Breizh

Breizh

Kartenverkäufe:
    +1
    Hi Guys,

I've been going quite often to the stadium recently :)schal:Ostkurve/Stehplatz :schal:), and I've been given some papers made by the Ultra Group "Caillera" (which means "Offender"), with texts written in French in.

I knew their name and saw their flag before, but do you know why did they choose to use French?
    Is there any historical reason/special relationship between Werder fans and France (except Micoud ;) )?

Just curious :roll:

Cheers :bier:

2. opalo

opalo

Kartenverkäufe:
    +221
    I think best would be to just ask them directly - here's their website:

http://caillera.net/

with an e-mail address in the "Kontakt" section.

3. Breizh

Breizh

Kartenverkäufe:
    +1
    Thanks for the link ;)

4. opalo

opalo

Kartenverkäufe:
    +221
    Avec plaisir :)

5. Hi,

Allofs used to play at Girondins and Olympique Marseille, so traditionally, he had good connections to the French League Teams.

Besides that, only the Lyon CL 1/8 Final comes to my mind :wild:

;)

6. Dwight Fry

Dwight Fry

Kartenverkäufe:
    +3
    The Name Caillera derives from "racaille" as in Racaille Verte. This was a former Ultra Group that split up for reasons I can not tell.

7. Anis

Anis

Kartenverkäufe:
    +47
    It's only a guess but I think they might have chosen a French name because the group is against capitalism, nationalism etc. and stands up for it. Even though it's a long time ago, France is often connected with the French revolution so that would fit their attitude. But as opalo said it will be best to ask them.

8. la_mariposa

la_mariposa

Kartenverkäufe:
    +20
    I also can't speak for Caillera specifically, but it's noticable a lot of Ultra groups habe foreign or foreign-sounding names from those countries that have been the most heavy influence on German fan culture over the last few decades (Italy, France and England). Most are probably Italian and tht's the country and language that everyone would associate with Ultras of course, but (Southern) France also developed a similar Ultra subculture quite early one. I always assumed it links back to that.

9. Buckelhuhn

Buckelhuhn

Kartenverkäufe:
    +41
    After the disbandment of the "Eastside" some Werderaner met to establish a new Ultra group. It was during the days where cars were burning in French towns and Nicolas Sarkozy said in an interview that the youth were acting like „racaille“. It means something like "dregs" or "lowlives", right? They like it and choose "verte" to show their colours.

The group split as Dwight Fry said and the new members liked the idea of a Verlan, so they turn Racaille into Caillera.