World Cup - round 2

Dieses Thema im Forum "International Board" wurde erstellt von killiefan, 23. Juni 2010.

Diese Seite empfehlen

1. killiefan

killiefan

Kartenverkäufe:
    +7
    Good luck on Sunday from Schottisches Werder

A.B.E. remember :beer:

2. Thanks mate. :D

3. opalo

opalo

Kartenverkäufe:
    +221
    We'll do what we can :beer:

But you should not be too worried - it will be A.B.E. - "Same procedure as last World Cup for England?" "Same procedure as EVERY World Cup for England!"

4. killiefan

killiefan

Kartenverkäufe:
    +7
    [ QUOTE = Opalo ; 1109638 ]

But you should not be too worried - it will be ABE - Same procedure as last World Cup for England ? " "Same procedure as EVERY World Cup for England! "[/ QUOTE]

:)

5. good to see they still grow sour grapes in caledonia. :). i obviously hope england finally play to their potential and win but if not i had a sneaky bet on germany to win the cup before it all started. i hope the werder boys of all nations continue to play well and i hope to cheer them on at fulham in august.

6. Shall be good to see the boys playing in Fulham. I can't wait until the tickets go on sale.

The England match was the game I wanted to avoid, understandably, as a German living in England. I hope Germany wins, of course, but I have no feeling at the moment whether Sunday will be a good or a bad day for us. I will let one or two days pass before my mind focuses on that match. With regards to injury news and the general feel around the team.

As for the Werder boys, I am happy that we might see more of Hugo in Portugal's colours. We didn't see a lot of Jensen and we won't see more, unfortunately. To be honest, I wouldn't have liked Denmark to go through at the expense of Japan, anyway. Japan looked good, as someone who lived in the Far-East, I always believe these teams could have a go. South Korea also looks good, I wouldn't even discount North Korea, they just had one of those days against Portugal.

It's a pity many African teams are out but I put that to the installation of wrong managers at the wrong place at the wrong time. Other priorities to allow for good preparation must also be set by the federations. You simply can't take the attacking vigour of an African side out and put a defensive- minded manager in place. Sven had no time at the Ivory Coast, and Nigeria's and Cameroon's manager never had the right credentials. Respect to South Africa, they went out with their heads held high.

An action packed World Cup so far with the teams that have played yesterday's football already being out - Italy and France that is.

And for those who may remember, Otto Rehhagel was kicked out of the competition. The former Werder manager legend may end his career.

7. killiefan

killiefan

Kartenverkäufe:
    +7
    not really sour grapes, just can't stand the english media going on & on & on & on.........etc etc about THAT year!!

8. opalo

opalo

Kartenverkäufe:
    +221
    @killiefan. Mission completed! :beer: If you come across any great headings / newspaper articles about the match, please post some links :)

9. killiefan

killiefan

Kartenverkäufe:
    +7
    how poor were england today?! how poor have they been in this world cup?! today they made the job easy for germany, they didn't have a clue how to defend. How can a group of players - most of whom are fantastic players for their clubs - be so poor as a team? however, ozil was very good today. So was the whole midfield.:beer: