Wheel to the Weser - 500km to Bremen.......

Dieses Thema im Forum "International Board" wurde erstellt von killiefan, 17. September 2012.

Diese Seite empfehlen

1. killiefan

killiefan

Kartenverkäufe:
    +7
    I've managed to persuade a few (so far ;)) of the Schottisches Werder (plus a certain 'weel kent' American) guys to join me on a 500km charity cycle ride arriving in Bremen ready for the IWF w/e. It's 330km from Amsterdam to Bremen so to make things a more round number we've decided to do 170km in Scotland the day before we fly to Amsterdam. The initial plan is as follows.....

Tuesday 16th April - Falkirk Stadium to Callander to Lochearnhead to Crieff then back to the Falkirk Stadium (google maps will show you the route). This route is through some stunning Scottish scenery & we'll take photo's for you to show you :p

Wednesday 17th April - fly Edinburgh to Amsterdam

Thursday 18th & Friday 19th April - cycle the 330km to Bremen (stopping overnight halfway of course!).

Anyone is more than welcome to join us for all or part of the route. We're looking to raise money for two charities, one here & one in Bremen. We have decided on one here (which we'll confirm later) & one in Bremen. We would welcome any suggestions for a Bremen charity.

My view is that we are fortunate to be healthy & live the life that we do. Others can't say the same thing, through no fault of their own. So every now & then it doesn't hurt (ok, so my ass will be hurting doing this!) to help others when we can.

So, who wants to join us.........?

2. stonesstonie

stonesstonie

Kartenverkäufe:
    +1017
    Hi Chris that s a great Idea. Can i help you ?

3. opalo

opalo

Kartenverkäufe:
    +221
    Sounds great - but challenging as well with some 170 km a day... Depending on when you arrive in Bremen I'd be happy to welcome you there with a few :beer:, but I won't join you for cycling... I did some 80 km a day ages ago and I was done afterwards... ;)

4. gelöscht

gelöscht Guest

Depending on the amount of time I have when the time comes, I might join you on part of the tour :)
    I'll see but it's a great idea and I'll think about some fundraising :)

5. killiefan

killiefan

Kartenverkäufe:
    +7
    I'm sure I'll think of something......

Do you want to ride along with us?

6. killiefan

killiefan

Kartenverkäufe:
    +7
    Exactly, no point making it easy! :p

7. killiefan

killiefan

Kartenverkäufe:
    +7
    I've thought about having a raffle where the prize is a w/e in Bremen (maybe IWF w/e?) so would need a room 'donated' from one of the hotels. So how persuasive can you be? Maybe Jermaine would be able to put the clubs power behind such a request? I'd look to sell the tickets to the fans of the Scottish clubs based around Edinburgh to promote Werder/the city of Bremen/Bundesliga. For the German based fans I'll try & equal that with tickets/hotel for Hibs or Hearts?

8. stonesstonie

stonesstonie

Kartenverkäufe:
    +1017
    That with the biking I prefer to let. I'm already in advanced age. But maybe I can be somewhere else help?

9. kastemato

kastemato

Kartenverkäufe:
    +34
    Wow, sounds fantastic. Great idea!
    Unfortunately, I´m not allowed to do sports until May2013, so I can´t say if I could join you.

10. I wrote you already on facebook, i think its a really cool idea and i will see how i can support!
    This idea of yours is the other fact about how great Werder fans all around the world are! :daumen:

11. gelöscht

gelöscht Guest

Great idea. :applaus:
    Thing is, right now I'm not much help when it comes to persuading hotels in Bremen, as I'm stuck in Hannover until January. The local football club here is holding me hostage until then... :S

12. DanielWTM

DanielWTM

Kartenverkäufe:
    +118
    the world famous linlithgow gazette :daumen:

13. killiefan

killiefan

Kartenverkäufe:
    +7
    Hey!!!! Andy Cheung was there too......:D

14. sud7even

sud7even

Kartenverkäufe:
    +5
    Do you come to Bremen vs. Dortmund? I just met two Celtic Supporters round about one year ago. I think it was against Hamburg. It was an older and a younger one (father and son?). I would be happy to meet YOU. Please tell me where you will be at :)

15. el_ben

el_ben

Kartenverkäufe:
    +26
    Just go to Paddys Pit before or after the match, I'm pretty sure you will find killie there. :D

16. stonesstonie

stonesstonie

Kartenverkäufe:
    +1017
    Hi Chris this is a great thing. Can I help you somehow. We'll see you when playing against Dortmund

17. killiefan

killiefan

Kartenverkäufe:
    +7
    Not this time Benni :(.....the junior section of the Schottisches Werder will be with me. So it's just me & Isla this time

18. killiefan

killiefan

Kartenverkäufe:
    +7
    I better see you when when we play Dortmund.....you've got my ticket!! I'm meeting with the guys here to talk about the cycle so will have more information & ways to help when I arrive for the Dortmund game.

19. killiefan

killiefan

Kartenverkäufe:
    +7
    I'm sorry that you had to meet one Ceptic fan, never mind two!! The Dortmund game is just me & my daughter (her first time in Bremen :)). The rest of the guys are saving hard for the IWF w/e in April :daumen:

I'm sure I'll be here http://www.amadeus-bremen.de/ before & after the match