Werder's midfield

Dieses Thema im Forum "International Board" wurde erstellt von waterboyro, 30. Juli 2008.

Diese Seite empfehlen

1. The bad news has come: CAS has reiterated the rule that teams must let it's young players join the Olympic team. This means that we must play without Diego for the first games.

For the moment my line-up looks like that:
    -------- Frings ------------
    Jensen ----------- Hunt ----
    ---------- Ozil -------------

The other players that can me a big impact for the moment, except Diego of course, are: Baumann, Vranjes, and Niemayer. I can only Husejinovic and Kruse as extreme solutions in crisis situation, at least for the moment.

2. holu

holu

i would like to see your lineup, but i don´t think, that baumann won't play. i think it will be :

-------- Baumann ------------
    Jensen ----------- Frings ----
    ---------- Ozil -------------

3. I agree with Holu because Baumann will give our defence
    more stability. It's going to be a real test for Ozil whether
    he is able to step into Diego's big shoes .
    Fortunately Schalke won't have their midfiielder either
    and we should be able to win the other three matches
    even without Diego
    :svw_applaus:

4. If Baumann and Frings both play, it will be a very though competition for the other 2 spots: either Jensen or Hunt in the winger positions either Hunt or Ozil in the offensive midfield. Hunt is starting to play better and better and if i were Ozil, i wouldn't be so sure of my starting place.

5. For the first official game the 4 players that will start in midfield i think will be:
    -------- Baumann ------------
    Frings ----------- Jensen -----
    ---------- Hunt --------------

The only position where the competition can still be considered opened is the AM where Hunt can still lose his starting place in favor of Ozil.

6. lakitu

lakitu

I suppose we have seen the starting lineup in the match against Levski yesterday. Özil might be the first substitute, but Hunt is reading for the starting eleven.
    Baumann, Frings and Jensen should play anyway. At least as long as Diego is missing, thereafter I'm not that sure anymore. I could imagine a midfield without Baumann (as he will not player forever anyway) but with Frings, Jensen, Diego, Hunt for the future.

7. Werder won the Diego case at the CAS but he will still play at the Olympics. It is very hard to recall him now and it's better for his morale to let him play. I hope he'll show the gratitude and help Werder as much as he can in this season.

8. cz_werder

cz_werder

Kartenverkäufe:
    +1
    I fully understand Diego, if I would be him, I would do the same. It is his first and last possibility to play at Olympic games. I think in this case, Werder should act according this from the beginning.Imho this disallowed participation on Olympic games would (or in fact will) Diego keep in his mind for the whole season, maybe the whole life, which would affect Diego's performance for long time and the relations with Werder in general.

9. As if our current form was not enough Frings got injured today on the basketball court. He is suspected of a broken nose. I hope this will not keep him to much of the field cause he's the player that must get the team out of the mess.

10. I read somewhere that Fring's injury isn't too bad and there is actually a good chance that he'll be available for the Cottbus match.
    Let's keep our fingers crossed ...:)

11. i guess he's going to play with a mask to protect his nose after the operation - but that will be it. apart from that i think he won't have any problems.

12. And a new player has finally came: Marko Marin :applaus:
    The 8,4 price was a new record for us but i hope and think he can become a star here. The pair Ozil - Marin should do a great job.

13. cz_werder

cz_werder

Kartenverkäufe:
    +1
    Yeah, I am very glad to have him in Werder:applaus: I have seen him couple of time, as he gave some interviews, he was acting very sympatic to me. But first of all, he is very talented!

Well, good luck Marco!

14. I have quite high hopes for tonight, with Marko being able to concentrate fully on the task.

I thought it was very interesting to read that Marko has sparked quite a bit of interest abroad already (Spain, England). Should be interesting to see the reactions to him showing his qualities tonight...if he does so!

Abroad even ManU ans Spanish fans seem to think that he's the next big thing and worth signing. Well, too late now :p

15. Oh,thats quite interesting. I didn´t think, that teams in other countries are interested in marko marin. He didn´t play in the german team during the european Championship andalso he didn`t play in an european Team Cup with Gladbach. The first two games against Spain and Finland weren`t also very good. So, what do you think is the reason for the interest of such big teams like ManU (or rather their fans)?

16. I think the scouts from those teams are the reason. Maybe they recommended Marin even if he wasn't a big name yet.

17. immp

immp

18. Yeah but in the last three years, he was not really standing out that much. I hope he pulls himself together, like the whole team and he helps us winning some silverware.

19. He´s "nearly" a local hero! He will help us. He is a very versatile midfielder and that´s important because he can play on nearly every position in midfield!
    Tim will return to the german team, if he will find his level back! A good swoop of Werder´s manager!