Werder's goalkeepers

Dieses Thema im Forum "International Board" wurde erstellt von waterboyro, 14. August 2008.

Diese Seite empfehlen

1. Wiese, Vander, Pellatz and Mielitz. These are the players that try to keep a clean sheet for Werder.

I decided to open this thread because today is a special occasion: Wiese was called to the national team!!! After so many years of frustration Tim will have his chance in the friendly against Belgium. The calling is coming after Adler wasn't able to come to the NT because of an injury.

I can only say: good luck Tim! It's the first step to the 2010 World Cup.

2. cz_werder

cz_werder

Kartenverkäufe:
    +1
    Wow, it is really a good news, congratulations Tim!!If I understood well, he will be the number 2 behind Enke (?), but this would be a good start in the NT for Tim.Looking forward to see another Werder-player in the german NT!!

3. I think, Tim Wiese is the best german keeper at the moment!
    He definitly played a brilliant season.:svw_applaus:

4. I think it too. :beer:

5. I think he is one of the best. He is the best goalkeeper on the line, but there are other areas in the box, i dont want to see him very often during the 90 minutes. :)

6. on the one hand, I don't think so!
    in germany, a lot of experts tell the world, that Lehmann ist one of the best keepers in the penalty area, but I think, he made a lot of mistakes there during the last seasons, in contrast with Wiese.

In my opinion, Tim Wiese is quite good in the penalty area, but he surely is not "van der Saar".
    On the other hand, I' m absolutly agree with you, he is definitly one of the best goalkeepers on the line.

Kicker-Ranking: german goalkeepers

7. Finally as a recognition from the press. I personally love his one on one situations, well maybe except the killer leap into Olic.

8. killiefan

killiefan

Kartenverkäufe:
    +7
  9. kastemato

kastemato

Kartenverkäufe:
    +34
    I´m quite sure that our "new" No.1 is already in our team...TS and KA are really confident of Sebastian Mielitz. And so are a lot of fans, too :D

We´ll need a replacement for him...and that could be a second young talent or an experienced older keeper.

NO UK-keepers in Germany...that must be a joke :p

10. la_mariposa

la_mariposa

Kartenverkäufe:
    +20
    I'm not quite sure that really represents what's going on in the German forums at the moment though. :D But I agree, I assume they're planning with Mielitz.

Well at least he's Scottish and not English (though I love the English of course. Just not as goalies. :D)

11. killiefan

killiefan

Kartenverkäufe:
    +7
    West Ham are interested in Cammy so he could yet end up in the EPL. Will any of the more affluent clubs in Germany look to sign Wiese? Or will he end up abroad?

12. el_ben

el_ben

Kartenverkäufe:
    +26
    Wiese is not sure yet, but he says he has a favourite in mind. Rumors have Schalke, Hoffenheim for his new club in germany. From outside germany so far I have heard rumors of him going to Besiktas, Moscow or Tottenham.

13. I think Yann Sommer from FC Basel would be a good choice as new number one.
    Maybe too expensive though... :svw_applaus::tnx::svw_schal:

14. MarcoBode1969

MarcoBode1969

Kartenverkäufe:
    +180 / -1
    Kevin Trapp from Kaiserslautern might be a good bet, too. It might just have been coincidence (?), but the same day Wiese had made up his mind to leave Werder, Trapp announced that he was going to leave Kaiserslautern in summer. There are some rumours that say Werder was interested in him. And since his contract is running out and Werder has a keeper (Wiese) from the same "school" (Gerry Ehrmann), there might be some truth in it.
    In this case, Werder would have two young keepers with some Bundesliga-experience who would battle for No 1 status, thus - hopefully - pushing each other...

15. Milan is also in.

I'd like to see Mielitz as our new No1 and an old, experienced, low-cost keeper behind. I'm not a fan of this battle between two keepers. Miele deserves to be the No1

16. MarcoBode1969

MarcoBode1969

Kartenverkäufe:
    +180 / -1
    I'd like to see Mielitz as our new No1 and an old, experienced, low-cost keeper behind. I'm not a fan of this battle between two keepers. Miele deserves to be the No1[/QUOTE]

I didn't mean to imply that I am for the Trapp-solution. I would be completely happy to see Mielitz as our No 1, too. And that he deserves this chance is more than obvious, I think. Otherwise Mielitz would have to look for a club where he gets this chance, which will hopefully not happen.

17. opalo

opalo

Kartenverkäufe:
    +221
    I would like to see Mielitz as No. 1 as well. Whenever he had to replace Tim Wiese so far, he did a good job, so I am confident that having him as No. 1 would work out fine.

As far as Wiese is concerned, I personally do not think he would choose Gelsenkirchen - competition there is already fierce enought with Fährmann, Hildebrandt and Unnerstall. But whatever he does, I wish him all the best & very much hope to get tickets for the last match against Schalke to be part of a decent "bye bye" to him in the Ostkurve...

18. There is info on tfansfermarkt.de about Polish goalkeeper Tomasz Kuszczak (Man Utd, on loan to Watford) linked with SVW. Its only about 5%..
    but
    Poland have many good goalkeepers and, with all respect for Mielitz - maybe it's a good idea to hire one of them?
    Wojciech Szczęsny (Polish No1) and Łukasz Fabianski (Polish No2) from Arsanal London - are behind financial and sport possibilities SVW. Przemysław Tytoń, form PSV Eindhoven, is IMO too weak for SVW.
    but
    Grzegorz Sandomierski (1989, KRC Genk, on loan to Jagiellonia Białystok; Polish No3 for EURO2012)
    or
    Łukasz Skorupski (1991, Górnik Zabrze, on loan to Ruch Radzionków, polish U-21 No1.)
    are both good, perpective players, with great revievs in media. They both are hard working, nice guys too (not as Wiese ;))