Werder offence

Dieses Thema im Forum "International Board" wurde erstellt von waterboyro, 27. Juli 2008.

Diese Seite empfehlen

1. Well this summer the number 1 question regarding Werder was: which striker we'll buy. Until now, even if we had as usual some important names like Fred, Milan Baros or Podolski, we didn't purchased a striker yet. So, for the moment we have: Rosenberg, Almeida, Sanogo and Harnik.

The good news is that our strikers are now fit and yesterday against Maccabi Netanya we saw that Rosenberg and Almeida are hungry for success.

Is there enough striking power? I think if they stay healthy we can manage with them, but if we get 2 injuries things are getting more complicated. Hunt is a solution in emergency situations but i think he plays better in midfield.

2. cz_werder

cz_werder

Kartenverkäufe:
    +1

I am convinced, we need one more striker. If the team should be able to compete with Bayern in the bundesliga, would like to reach at least the first spring knockout round in the CL and proceed in the DFB-cup as far as possible (I think these are realistic aims for Werder this year), one more striker should come.

It seems that, that at least this summer, it wan't be Milan Baros. According this article, he'll stay in Olympique Lyon:

http://www.eurofotbal.cz/clanky/baros-by-mel-zustat-v-lyonu-potvrdil-paska-59768/

Just a small summary:

Skysport.com: Does Baros starts the new season in Lyon?

Pavel Paska (agent of Baros):"Yes, I think he'll stay.He is satisfied in Lyon, and also the new coach Claud Puel said: 'Milan is staying'. The decision to spend the spring in Portsmouth was made due to European championship"

But I could live with Podolski or Fred as an enforcement:), I hope one of these strikers will come during august (or somebody like them)

3. Podolski has 0,01% chances of coming from my point of view. He would have been a very good player for us but with a small problem: it's not a 100% striker. As we also saw at the European Championship, he is better in playing as a support player for 1 or 2 strikers.

We'll wait and see what happens but i'm starting to become used to the idea that will have to manage with the players we already have.

4. I think we definately need another striker because it will be another very long season, which you don't want to commence with three strikers only.
    I am also concerned about Sanogo who is seemingly still not in the best shape and will surely struggle to find himself in the first eleven.

FRED would just do it for me !! :D :svw_schal::svw_schal:

5. Well Sanogo just scored his first goal in today's win against St. Gallen. Maybe this will boost his morale and we'll see him playing like he did in the first part of the last season. The goal against Real is for me a masterpiece of Werder: Rosenberg + Sanogo.

6. After today's game which i saw it live i can bet that our starting strikers will be Rosenberg and Almeida. Sanogo will be the joker, but let's not forget Huseinovici who even if he is the 5th option in attack can make an impact if he is to play. He played today only the last 15 minutes but was in the center of two offensive plays, so i think he has enough courage to be useful for us.

7. lakitu

lakitu

I also think Rosenberg and Almeida are in the starting lineup. Personally, I don't like Sanogo's style of playing very much, so I can live with that decision quite well. Husejinovic showed some good prospects, however, it remains to be seen whether he is able to score regularly (and that's what counts for a striker).

8. This is not true. We bought thi young talent, Saddam Husseinovic or what he is called.

And we're about to get our best Attacker ever back: Ailton!

9. Well Said (not Saddam :)) is very young and even Schaaf said it is not yet ready: he lacks physical and tactical training. He can be an option for us but i don't think this will happen any sooner than next year.

Regarding Ailton ... it's just very hard to think he will come to Werder. Yes, he was and still is regarded with sympathy in the Weserstadion but he is 34 years old. It is far to old for our requirements. Unfortunately this is not an option for us.

10. lakitu

lakitu

I suppose the problem has been solved now. At least for one year.
    Taking Ailton would have been madness, but Pizarro is quite a good idea. Let's hope that didn't forgot how to score during all the time he was sitting on Chelsea's bench.

11. Well it's a good option for short term(this season) but I'm not so happy that we don't have an option to buy him after this season.
    This new purchase will mean that Harnik is very likely to go next season. He is once again the number 5th striker. The only thing that could help him is playing in midfield, on the right, cause he has good potential there and it will be a big miss to lose him next season(this will happen if he'll not get more playing time this season).

12. lakitu

lakitu

Oh, I wouldn't be too sure about it. Let's wait what happens with the other three strikers. I wouldn't be surprised if Harnik managed to get into 4th position at the end of the season. Sanogo, Almeida and Rosenberg might improve, but it's also not that unlikely that one of them has a disappointing year and doesn't improve.

13. First purchase for the next season is Marcelo Moreno from our Uefa Cup Final opponents Shakhtar. I like the way in which we got Moreno: a one year loan and the the option to buy it for another 4 season. This way we can avoid another Carlos Alberto flop.
    I think that after today's Cup Final the board will decide how many players we can afford. If we make it at least to the Europa League then i think we can have a better transfer period. We need another striker if Pizzaro leaves.

14. Definitely. Also if Rosenberg or Almeida leaves.

I think we need 4 established Strikers + Schindler / Oehrl (Werder II).

15. Tasja

Tasja Guest

Well Allofs has said that Rosenberg stays but that they want to see better results from him if he will have a start place in the Team. And Harnik are they making into a right defender. I dont think they will let Almeida go.

16. Hugo is a weapon, he must stay and I am sure he will...

17. Ok, but also if you want to sell Rosenberg, would you publicise that?
    I think it depends on Pizarro. We will buy another forward, and if there is a possibility to buy pizarro, too, we will sell Rosenberg.