Scouting the playes from NEPAL

Dieses Thema im Forum "International Board" wurde erstellt von deepindraw, 9. November 2013.

Diese Seite empfehlen

1. Hello,
    I am studying in Bremen but originally from NEPAL(South-Asian country),the home of the Himalayas and Buddha.
    I am a football fan and also an amateur player myself. My NEPAL National Team is not so good currently in World Football but we are improving. But our youth teams for example current U16 teams is very good and they will be playing Asian Cup 2014 to be held in Thailand.
    My theme for this thread is to let the people in Scouting Members of Werder Bremen to know about one of the hottest young prospect/talent named Bimal Gharti Magar,currently the U16 Captain of Nepal and also the youngest player of Nepali national team. I would really like to see him playing for some youth teams in Europe and in future in some European clubs. So,I would like my message to pass-out to the scouting members if possible.
    Here is more info about him: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bimal_Magar
    Thank you very much!

Greetings from NEPAL

2. Thanx fir Your Post and good luck for the u16 world Cup.

Greetings to you bro!

3. la_mariposa

la_mariposa

Kartenverkäufe:
    +20
    Hey,

unfortunately I don't think the responsible Scouts frequent this forum very often, but I wish the Nepalese football team and Bimal Magar all the best! Personally, I would love to see a Nepalese player in Europe. I think the Asian Cup should be an ideal platform to be honest, because the Asian 'market' has become so interesting for European clubs in recent years.

It reminds me of an hour-long conversation I once had with a Kathmandu tea shop owner about the youth football development in Germany and England opposed to Nepal/South-Central Asia in general. You are such a football crazy country and I really can't imagine how growing up playing football in the streets of Rio de Janeiro should be any different from doing so in the streets of Kathmandu. Just that I would expect the Nepalese to be ftter, thanks to altitude/mountain training. :cool: However, the lack of local structures prevents scouts/clubs from gaining more knowledge. I'm sure it won't always stay like this, it perhaps just needs a few players to break through.

If you like, keep us posted about what is happening in Nepalese football, I'd be keen to hear about it. I travelled there about two years ago - most beautiful country I've ever been to with the best people really, and like I said, everyone seemed to be crazy about football there. :D

4. Thank you very much both festermauermann and la_mariposa for your response. :)

Ya la_mariposa...you are right..The most popular sport in Nepal is Football..the capacity of the only International Stadium in Kathmandu is about 20 thousand but whenever any level of Nepali national team plays there,the stadium is always packed and there are alot of people watching the game in TV.The national league has been better since past few years. And because of the goal project from FIFA, ANFA Academy has been producing some real talents though there are lots of talent that are being wasted. Ya,its due to the lack of infrastructures.

I started playing football in my hometown since I was 10years old and there was a big playing ground where it would have been possible to construct a nice stadium.But during that period,due to the maoist civil war,the local government people handed that area to Armed Police Force.Since then the footballing development has been effected badly in my hometown. I wish at least near in the future we be able to construct a playground for football and there will be some really good players coming into the National Team. This shows how hugely football is effected by the politics in Nepal.

I hope in nearby future,the European clubs will find out about the real talents from Nepal and bring them into the world stage soon. Fingers crossed!!!
    :)

5. la_mariposa

la_mariposa

Kartenverkäufe:
    +20
    Hi deepindraw,

Well, that is great to hear! I think the establishment of an Academy is certainly the most important step towards improving the structure of youth football, although it may not be able to replace a club structure, but that all takes a lot of time. I also know that some foreigners have been coming to Nepal to help with the football development (the manager is an American I believe? And I read something about some licensed German coaches going to Nepal on a football project).

I think a lot of countries struggle with these problems between sports development and politics. However, I think the Civil War probably hurt a lot more than just sports and perhaps the government has other issues to tackle first. Meaning it should also be duty of FIFA (and perhaps the AFC) to help out with this, both in terms of finances and expertise. Unfortunately, a lot of projects initiated by FIFA only showcase superficial goodwill but are hardly created to be sustainable or help football become more independent that country...:wild: I could go on about this forever, because it makes me angry that possibilities and resources are wasted like this. I really hope someting changes in that respect in the future.

Which part of Nepal are you from, if I may ask just out of curiosity? :)

6. Hello la_mariposa,
    I am very happy to see your nice response :)

Ya I hope there will be more academies from the Clubs in the National League and in regional level as well...Ya,the National Coach is American and he has done really well since he is there..I am from the Mid-Western part of Nepal...My hometown is called 'Kusma'..The most popular thing about my hometown at the moment is 'Longest Suspension Bridge of Kusma-Gyadi' (if U google it,you will find it interesting)...It has also been named in the Top10 World's Scariest but Cool Bridges
    Link: http://www.wherecoolthingshappen.com/10-most-scariest-but-cool-bridges-in-the-world/

Anyways,Hope to keep the topic and discussion about football going on here...Have a nice time ahead!

7. killiefan

killiefan

Kartenverkäufe:
    +7
    1. Er hello..... you've been to Scotland, right!

2. Do they have Haggis is Nepal?

8. la_mariposa

la_mariposa

Kartenverkäufe:
    +20
    I've not been to that region, though we did spent some time in Western region (Annapurna Sanctuary/Poon Hill Trek and Pokhara, the standard touristy programme I guess... ;)) But that bridge looks awesome, another reason to go back and visit again. ;)

1. Yesyes, I love Scotland. Very close contender for second, together with the US. :D

2. No, but they have Dal Bhat and Momos and rhinos (no, didnt eat those of course) and the temples and the mountains... :eek: