Multi-nations Werder Day?

Dieses Thema im Forum "International Board" wurde erstellt von killiefan, 26. September 2011.

Diese Seite empfehlen

?

Which dates would suit you (more than one answer is possible)?

1. SV Werder Bremen - Bayer 04 Leverkusen; January 27th to 29th 2012

56,3%
  2. SV Werder Bremen - 1899 Hoffenheim; February 10th to 12th 2012

31,3%
  3. SV Werder Bremen - 1. FC Nürnberg; February 24th to 26th 2012

43,8%
  4. SV Werder Bremen - FC Augsburg; March 23rd to 25th 2012

75,0%
  5. SV Werder Bremen - FSV Mainz 05; March 30th to April 1st 2012

50,0%
  6. SV Werder Bremen - Mönchengladbach; April 10th to 11th 2012 (midweek match)

12,5%
  1. killiefan

killiefan

Kartenverkäufe:
    +7
    Thought about this for a wee while......

there are obviously fans from various parts of Europe (& beyond) using this forum. Do you think we could organise ourselves to all congregate in Bremen on the same date? Possibly on an annual basis? I think if we identify a date far enough in advance this could be a possibility. We could look into obtaining (hiring probably) a venue to all get together after the game to meet/mix with each other & the local Werder fans. Anyone know if there is such a venue/function hall within the Weserstadion? Thoughts everyone.......?

2. Very nice idea but difficult to arrange.

There is such a venue within the Weserstadion, called the "Ostkurvensaal". capacity about 200 people. There is a bar inside as well as chairs and tables

http://www.fanprojektbremen.de/index.php?kat=fotos&unterkat=OstKurvenSaal

I don't know if it is possible to engage it on matchdays, but the Ostkurvensaal is 'property' of "Fan-Projekt-Bremen", a registered society that tries to bring the fans together; So it should be possible to tell them about the idea of a multi-nations Werder day and they may help us with the organisation.
    I remember they used to invite fans from the opposing team when there was a match in a european competition so fans from both sides get to know each other.

3. killiefan

killiefan

Kartenverkäufe:
    +7
    Perfect! Thanks Norden. Agree it will be difficult or time consuming to organise but should be worth it for just once a year. Maybe I should just contact them to sound out the idea? Even if it is just the Schottisches Werder there from abroad to begin with, I'm sure word will get out & it will expand from year to year :svw_schal:

4. mola23

mola23

Kartenverkäufe:
    +1
    I think the OKS is not available on matchdays, but maybe the day before the game? Most of the organizing stuff (beer, light, music, beer, maybe snacks, and beer again) would probably be arranged by the Fan Projekt Bremen.
    I suggest to contact the official Fanbetreuung (fan support) of Werder Bremen as well. Might add some gravity to the idea.

5. killiefan

killiefan

Kartenverkäufe:
    +7
    This is exactly the kind of thing I hoped for, Thanks...........you're on the guest list. I'll buy you a :beer: or two at the inaugural event :thumb:

6. mola23

mola23

Kartenverkäufe:
    +1
    Accepted! :D :beer:

7. Count me in - would be up for this.
    Make a weekend of it in Bremen
    Where do you stay when you go to games Killie?
    this place looks pretty good

www.thegrandhostel.com

:dance:

8. killiefan

killiefan

Kartenverkäufe:
    +7
  9. Thanks for the infos.
    I am 34, so hopefully belong to the young generation too :D:svw_applaus:

10. slemke

slemke

Kartenverkäufe:
    +2
    I can recommended the Intercity Hotel. Not in Bremen, since I live here :D but in other cities. Intercity Hotel is next to the station, therefore quite good to reach, the rooms are OK, the breakfast is very good, and they give You a free ticket for Tram and Bus in Bremen for the period of Your stay in Bremen. :thumb:

11. slemke

slemke

Kartenverkäufe:
    +2
    By the way: great idea with the "Multi-nations Day"! :tnx: Since I live near the stadium, I would be glad to join, or help if necessary. :beer:

12. mola23

mola23

Kartenverkäufe:
    +1
    Though I do not live close to the stadium at all (250 km) :(, I volunteer for support, too. ;)

13. killiefan

killiefan

Kartenverkäufe:
    +7
    hey mola, 250km which way? south? will you be at Gladbach in November?

14. mola23

mola23

Kartenverkäufe:
    +1
    No, all the way up to the north. I live in Flensburg, close to the Danish border. :)
    I won't be in Gladbach this season, but was there last season. :)

15. You can count on my support :svw_applaus:

16. killiefan

killiefan

Kartenverkäufe:
    +7
    Mola, Norden & myself have been having wee PN conversations on this & have had a few ideas already. WWW (World Wide Werder.......brilliant Mola!) for starters :D. Unless anything is actually to be kept private the it may be best to post thoughts/suggestions/ideas on this tread from now on. The fan project have responded positively so if we can show there is support for this I'm sure it will progress. To quote Michael Jordan (the basketball player) “Some people want it to happen, some wish it would happen, others make it happen.” I want to make this happen! Even if it starts with just the Scottish guys (kilted of course!), it'll be a start.

17. mola23

mola23

Kartenverkäufe:
    +1
    As you wrote earlier via pn, we should decide for a game as early as possible, since getting tickets and hotels could be quite a challenge. But every problem has a solution.

Ok, as it should be in spring:

March 23rd to 25th; Bremen - Augsburg.
    - Probably the easiest match to get tickets. -

March 30th to April 1st; Bremen - Mainz

April 10th to 12th; Bremen - Borussia M'gladbach

April 20th to 22nd; Bremen - Bayern Munich
    - Almost impossible to get tickets. :mad: -

May 5th, 15:30h; Bremen - Schalke
    - Almost impossible to get tickets, since it's the last game of the season :mad: and everyone wants to celebrate Werders championship :D -

So that would be our pool of choices.

18. For me, i think a weekend game is best, some of the games are midweek
    My choice would be the Mainz game for which tickets should be quite easy.
    Bayern would be awesome, but difficult for tickets of course and expensive

19. killiefan

killiefan

Kartenverkäufe:
    +7
    Is there anything on in Bremen (other than the football) at these times that would affect hotel prices? e.g. During the Freimarket in October the prices are usually more expensive. I would love the Gladbach game again as I have a Gladbach supporting friend who says Bremen is his favourite away day & comes every year.....although he lives in Saarland! But really any game is good, we need everything to all co-ordinate....game, venue etc etc

20. killiefan

killiefan

Kartenverkäufe:
    +7
    scrap the gladbach idea, just noticed that's a midweek game!