Friendly games

Dieses Thema im Forum "International Board" wurde erstellt von waterboyro, 20. Juli 2008.

Diese Seite empfehlen

1. killiefan

killiefan

Kartenverkäufe:
    +7
    7 hour drive from Edinburgh on Saturday morning, & hours back on Sunday morning! The games were not the best (!) but hey, that's what happens when you support your team right?

2. killiefan

killiefan

Kartenverkäufe:
    +7
  3. stonesstonie

stonesstonie

Kartenverkäufe:
    +1017
    i hope you enjoy the games we see us in bremen

4. DanielWTM

DanielWTM

Kartenverkäufe:
    +118
    Did you stay and watch the last game or went back to King Alfred?;)

5. killiefan

killiefan

Kartenverkäufe:
    +7
    We went to the bar under the main stand & met up again with the other group of Werder fans that were in the stadium. When the last game started the bar closed! :(

I think the participation of the crowd will be different there now when they get a corner kick!

6. DanielWTM

DanielWTM

Kartenverkäufe:
    +118
    :D yes i think so too! Was very funny, that they never knew about how to celebrate a corner kick :D

Everytime we met a Southampton Fan and they recognized us, they made the "chant" :D

7. DanielWTM

DanielWTM

Kartenverkäufe:
    +118
  8. killiefan

killiefan

Kartenverkäufe:
    +7
    i think we need a bigger flag..............:svw_applaus:

9. I love the thick Scottish accent with the German suddenly dubbed over :lol::lol:

10. killiefan

killiefan

Kartenverkäufe:
    +7
    This is Karma in display! We stayed downstairs until the game started & were going to creep up behind Colin & sit a few rows back as a joke. Billy-no-mates kinda thing. When we peered round the corner & saw him being interviewed by werder.tv we were raging! :wall:

11. How much would I be looking at for a full afternoon and night on the drink in Bremen? :beer: I know it's all dependent on how much I drink and spend but would 200 Euro be enough? maybe less?

12. opalo

opalo

Kartenverkäufe:
    +221
    Well, it DOES depend on how much you drink... ,) But I would not expect you to spend 200 Euro, unless you pay for everybody or go for cocktails, whisky or some other expensive stuff, have some very expensive food or go to some expensive night club. A 0.5 litre beer in the pub is some 3.50 Euro - perhaps 4.00 Euro (and much less if you get yourself some in a supermarket and have it somewhere alongside the Weser river which is great fun if the weather is good), a kebab is some 3.50 Euro - 4.00 Euro and a pizza some 6.00 Euro - 15.00 Euro (depending on where you go). So plenty of stuff for 200 Euro I would guess...

Enjoy the trip!!!

13. Dieter Bode

Dieter Bode Guest

200€ for one day is more than enough money, in my case. When i remember... the most expensive game for me, was a game against Borussia Dortmund. We started travelling at 9:00 a clock in morning and get back home at 23:00.

Over the whole day i spend 100€ for drinking and food (dont know how, were only cheap pubs and some expensive beer at stadium (to hold the level)). So if you dont need to drink the finest stuff... if you dont need to pay for a second person all the time... You have a really good financial basis for a lot of fun :thumb: (with 200€)

14. Taking 230:lol:

Better play it safe, especially with a stop in Amsterdam on the way.

A full day in work tomorrow, then a full night on the alcohol hopefully not nursing a hangover and I'll be on my way.

Thanks for all your messages, you've been a huge help those who replied! :thumb:

Hopefully see some of you there, I'll be in StuBo at around 10 with plenty of shots of jagermeister :wuerg:

15. opalo

opalo

Kartenverkäufe:
    +221
    Well... If you start your day with plenty of shots of Jägermeister in a pub (instead of buying a bottle in the supermarket and having the stuff somewhere at the Weser river) you might in fact need the 200 Euro... ;) In any case, have fun :beer:

16. watzman

watzman

Kartenverkäufe:
    +69
    Hope you have fun here in Bremen and while the game in our lovely Weserstadion!
    :thumb:

17. Just back home now, fantastic trip:thumb:

Bremen have a wonderful stadium and city, and really enjoyed mixing with the fans, however having been out in Amsterdam on Monday left me with a huge hangover:wuerg:

Not to worried about the result, after Werder losing in the cup last week I ecpected a big reaction, we offered nothing going forward in attack but looked okay at the back, a couple of our reserve players let the team down such as GK Mucha (1) and Hibbert (2), but Ross Barkely (20) looked comfortable again in his first pre-season. Your team looked sharp and quick!

Was very surprised at the stadium, the security stewards taking Werder Scarves and shirts off Everton fans before going into the stadium was strange :wild: They didn't allow drinking on the terraces, and made us show our ticekts EVERY time we went to the terrace.

SPent the night outside the Irish Bar, at around 1am around fifteen German "hooligans", ran over to where we were throwing bottles and punching fans when there were small children around and women. We chased them off over the square and it was quiet afterwards once the police had came. But it didn't ruin the trip :p Thankyou for being excellent hosts, and good luck with this season:dance:

18. opalo

opalo

Kartenverkäufe:
    +221
    Hi stanners_fc,

Thanks - we'll definitely need luck this season.... :beer: I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed the trip - and I hope you got your Werder scarves and shirts back after the match! The problem could have been that home teamwear is usually not allowed in the guests' standing (and sometimes also seating) section in German stadiums (which might even have been stated on your ticket, but if so, of course, in German ;)).

It is also quite normal that you have to show your ticket every time that you leave the stand. The security stewards try to make sure (as best that they can) that no fans with tickets for the seating section get access to the standing section which would then be overcrowded. This is a problem in some stadiums (e.g. Dortmund) since there are always people in the seating area who would prefer to stand, but did not get tickets for the standing area.

However, I was astonished to read that you were not allowed to have beer on the terraces - in the home section, you can have your beer wherever you like...

And I'm sorry to read about the hooligans... I've heard more than once that there are strange people around at the station at night, but fortunately have never been there - or close to there - later in the evening since I normally just stay for the match, have a few more beers & then get back home.

BTW: Have you been fine with your 200 Euros...? ;)

19. I don't think these hooligans were associated with Werder, one of them had a St. Pauli top on and they were all dressed in red, hearing reports that after the majority of Everton fans left the station they returned, but were beaten again:lol:, they obviously still thought England have hooligans, maybe 20 years ago, but not any more. I needed 250 euros but that included Amsterdam. And thinking about what you said I can understand why, could be dangerous. The amount of Dortmund stickers and badges on the terrace is amazing, where they your last game of the season?

20. opalo

opalo

Kartenverkäufe:
    +221
    Yes, they were our last home game of the season. Werder beat them 2-0. They did not seem to care much, since they were champion already. And we were more than glad, since this result secured us our place in the Bundesliga....