Friendly games

Dieses Thema im Forum "International Board" wurde erstellt von waterboyro, 20. Juli 2008.

Diese Seite empfehlen

1. Hi all, should be a fair amount of fellow Evertonians making the journey from Liverpool to Bremen for this summers friendly match between Werder and Everton. A lot of Everton fans will be staying on the Monday and Tuesday night, just wondering if any of you guys could help out with pubs to go to in the day, and the best clubs of a night? Also, been doing a bit of research on your club on top of what I already knew (awesome on Fifa 10), and you seem to have a fantastic support and history :svw_applaus:

Also If any of you fancy joining us drinking your city dry It'd be fantastic, the fun and banter we had with the Nurnberg fans from the Uefa Cup in 2007 was fantastic, and something I'd like to experience again

2. killiefan

killiefan

Kartenverkäufe:
    +7
    stanners

assuming you're flying.........the tram stop is just to the right when you exit the airport terminal. 2.50 euros will take you into the city centre in about 10 mins. What's the name of your hotel? There are several pubs throughout the city but there is a nice wee area along the river (left hand side as you go over the river on the tram on your way into the city). Being selfish though I'd say don't spend too much time in the pubs during the day, the city has so much more to offer. Our favourite haunt at night is Paddy's Pit next to main train station. If you find it ask for Anthony & tell him the Scottish guys sent you :beer: It's usually open til the early hours. A very popular nightclub is Stubu which is near the main train station (just ask for directions, everyone it seems speaks excellent english. Pre match, you can either take the no. 10 tram to Weserstadion or take your time and walk the 1.5 mile & enjoy the pubs on the way. If you take the tram the Weserstadion stop brings you to a kinda crossroads. The stadium is about 300 metres on your right. At the crossroads itself are a couple of pubs including Amadeus bar/restaurant. The owner, Bahram, will look after you in there. Don't be surprised to see people drinking in the street. It just seems to be a UK problem! We often see fans with a crate of Becks on their shoulder walking along & stopping for a drink wherever it suits! The city is fantastic & the residents are really really friendly, you'll have a great time.

Auf geht's Werder Brem' :svw_schal:

3. We're flying to Amsterdam Killie, cheap flights, a night stay there to take in some of it's "culture" and then the train to Bremen Tuesday morning, we're stating in a hotel right by the station, Prizotel. One night in Bremen then back to the dam with a nursing a hangover from lager far too strong for me.. and cheers for the information, where can I find the club shop?

And I've heard rumours Bremen come out to the devils song? Tell me it isn't so?

4. gelöscht

gelöscht Guest

Hej,
    killiefan is right. Paddys Pit is great when going out near the train station. But if the weather is nice I would highly recommend paying a visit either to the „Schlachte“ or to the „Viertel“

The Schlachte is right by the Weser and you can sit outside and have a drink right by the water.

The Viertel is basically a long street which goes from the City Center to the stadium area and ends where as killiefan already said you'll find the Amadeus or the „Taubenschlag“ where a LOT of fans will be hanging out before, during and after the match. From there you CAN'T miss the stadium.
    The Viertel is just a bustling street with little pubs and shops ;)
    If you ask people from Bremen about the Viertel, they will know where it is.

I put all the stuff on a map real quick

You will find shops selling stuff of Werder Bremen all over the city (Karstadt Sports, upper floor for example) but the official club shop is directly at the stadium (east side of it) and since it was just rebuilt it is definitely worth a visit. Turned out very nice :)

Tell me what the devil's song is? I think our song is just crappy and does not sound devil at all :lol:

5. The song that the Red S**te of our city sing. You'll Never W**k A***e, and thanks for the info, I'm passing it all on to the Everton Message board I'm a member of just to give them a little more information on the city and where to go.

6. And Paddys Pit looks like it's right over the road from my hotel :lol: We've been allocated around 1400 tickets for this game, these will sell out, are Bremen likely to offer more? I predict we'll take around 2000 fans for this game

7. gelöscht

gelöscht Guest

Sure, go ahead. Hope you all have a great trip :)
    I'd love to be there but I'll be roadtripping Sweden by that time :(
    Watching my friend buying a ticket for the first Weserstadion Match this season almost made me cry on the spot :lol:

Noooo, we're NOT playing that song, don't you worry :grinsen:

8. I had a look on your online shop and last years Home Shirt is 25 Euro with a scarf saying YNWA on it, I nearly cancelled :lol:

9. gelöscht

gelöscht Guest

I'm not sure, I think they usually don't offer more official guest tickets afterwards but I don't know their system. But 1400 is definitely NOT the maximum capacity of our resizable guest block but I guess Werder Bremen is not expecting that many fans maybe? :confused:
    Though I think the match will not be sold out and it should be possible to grab tickets. Maybe just call the ticket center just in case ;)

10. gelöscht

gelöscht Guest

Yeah, we were wondering about that, too because it is never played at our stadium.
    Well, buy the shirt and burn... no... wait... don't burn the scarf... :lol:

11. I'll politely refuse the scarf

12. killiefan

killiefan

Kartenverkäufe:
    +7
    Ha, I knew which song you meant! I despise the manky mob from the east end of glasgow singing it too :wuerg:

Prizehotel isn't too far from the train station so you'll get your bearings quite quick.

13. killiefan

killiefan

Kartenverkäufe:
    +7
    Also meant to say that there is a club shop next to the main post office in the city centre aswell as the top floor of karstadt sports shop

14. THanks to the two of you, massive help.:thumb:

15. DanielWTM

DanielWTM

Kartenverkäufe:
    +118
    hi, i may want to visit southampton too. Do you know how to buy tickets?

16. killiefan

killiefan

Kartenverkäufe:
    +7
    Online is not possible unless you've registered. I booked mine yesterday. There is a free number to call from the UK. If you are definitely coming I can order the tickets for you & meet you there.

17. DanielWTM

DanielWTM

Kartenverkäufe:
    +118
    thanks for your offer. I may get back to it later, but first i will call them and see if they send it to germany ;)

18. killiefan

killiefan

Kartenverkäufe:
    +7
  19. killiefan

killiefan

Kartenverkäufe:
    +7
    you also have the option to buy the tickets then collect them from the ticket office at Southampton FC

20. killiefan

killiefan

Kartenverkäufe:
    +7
    btw stanners, enjoy your beer while standing at the game. British football is light years behind ..........