Fan from Texas

Dieses Thema im Forum "International Board" wurde erstellt von snoga, 11. August 2013.

Diese Seite empfehlen

1. snoga

snoga

Hey guys just became a fan of Werder Bremen. I'm from Texas and recently got into football (soccer). I love the Bundesliga and the teams. I decided to adopt Werder Bremen despite their recent struggles. I was able to catch the opener here in America and was thrilled to see a win. Hopefully Bremen can keep it going =).

I'm currently studying German and hope to travel to Germany to catch a game in the future.

Lebenslang Grünweiß !

2. la_mariposa

la_mariposa

Kartenverkäufe:
    +20
    Welcome! It's great to see that we still make some impression on people on the other side of the great ocean, despite of recent performances. =)

Where in Texas are you from? I lived in Dallas for a year and I actually just took someone from there to see the match in Saarbrücken last weekend! Admittedly not the best opportunity to turn someone into a supporter (performance-wise) but I think Werder already has two fans in Texas. :D

3. snoga

snoga

I live in the Frisco area. I believe Texas had a large population of German immigrants long ago. The MLS here in America is like watching paint dry lol. German football just has way more passion. Most of the pubs in the Dallas area focus on British soccer, but Bavarian Grill in Plano Texas shows Bundesliga games.

4. Welcome to our community snoga!! :schal::schal::beer::beer:
    Nice to see an American taking an interest in football, and even more so in our glorious club!

5. la_mariposa

la_mariposa

Kartenverkäufe:
    +20
    Don't think I ever made it north of Plano, but you are local! =)

Haha, I can imagine. I only ever saw one match in the US - a friendly between Dallas and Club León last summer. The Mexicans were awesome supporters, but it felt like Dallas was (a very quiet) away crowd, although the game was in Dallas. :lol: Most people I met in the US were interested in La Liga, but then again they usually also had some Spanish-speaking background if they were interested in soccer. ;) But yeah, I am afraid it's usually the PL everywhere but Europe and Latin America. PL/La Liga also have more of a marketing engine over there with their summer trips to the US every year.

6. killiefan

killiefan

Kartenverkäufe:
    +7
    The US contingent is slowly growing......:applaus: