Famous 3 Kings in London

Dieses Thema im Forum "International Board" wurde erstellt von UKWerder, 7. Dezember 2009.

Diese Seite empfehlen

1. UKWerder

UKWerder

Hi guys

I will probably be in London on Saturday. Do they still show the Bundesliga games upstairs in the Famous 3 Kings in London?

Anyone going there? :svw_applaus:

GWG

2. Hey mate,

I am out of town coming weekend, so I will miss the Schalke game. Although, my wife will be texting me with constant updates. Will be back in time for the derby in Hamburg, though.

I went to Famous 3 Kings a couple of times in late 2008. I got pissed off by watching Bundesliga on a screen the size of a stamp and with no sound (about the first I wouldn't complain if there were no other screens available, the latter I wouldn't necessarily complain as there are a lot of people who watch the games in the English leagues but people told me it used to be better there with the old owner). Well, I don't want to shove money into someone's mouth who blatantly disregards me as a customer.

Since, I have tried the Bavarian Beerhouse. I am not to pleased to sit in a cellar although I went there with a mate to watch Werder v Nacional last Thursday and it was fun.

My first choice for Bundesliga games is Zeitgeist. a lot of other Werder/slash Bundesliga fans go there to watch the matches. So, enjoying the banter is also fun. Zeitgeist is on Black Prince Road near Vauxhall station (has its own website I believe). Good place to watch the games. I remember watching the derbies against Hamburg there and it was fun.

On the plus side, Zeitgeist also has a nice selection of German beers including my favourite Weizen (even from my little hometown). You don't get that in Famous 3 Kings and it is has the interior that makes you sit down and enjoy it.

My wife and mates might go down there to watch the match with my mates. I will be out of town and have to miss this game. It should be a cracker and I hope we can win with Piza being back.

Btw. where are you from mate?

3. UKWerder

UKWerder

Hello mate
    I am from the Oxford area, but my brother lives in London and we are meant to be visiting him on Saturday.
    I may well try this Zeitgeist. I looked at their website and it looks a decent pub. Shame you won't be around on Saturday.
    Where in London do you live?
    All the best
    :svw_applaus:

4. Around Colliers Wood, near Tooting Broadway. Yeah, I remember you are from Oxford, we talked on the old forum. I probably bumped into your cousin if he is from Germany and Werder fan too.

Yeah, if you make your way to Zeitgeist make yourself known and shout for us. Enjoy the match and the time in London and I hope to see you there next time in case you want to see the match.

Zeitgeist is a really good place, had a mate over from Germany who is not into football at all and he still found it to be a really nice atmosphere.

If I mistook you, I apologise. See you around...

5. UKWerder

UKWerder

Hi mate
    I think you probably may know my cousin. He is Martin from Braunschweig and he lived in London for 3 months at the end of 2008...
    Hope to see you around soon.
    Let's hope for a good win on Saturday..

And - looks like you can get a Curry Wurst in Zeitgeist too - cool :svw_schal:

6. Food is nice too, absolutely! I, indeed, met your cousin. Hope to see you around if not for this coming game then for the next one.

Kick-off UK time is 5.30 pm this Saturday. It's a pity that I miss this game.

7. UKWerder

UKWerder

Were you there mate? Myself and 3 others were on the table nearest to the screen....

Poor display by Werder :-(
    The currywurst was fantastic though :lol:

8. Sorry mate, I was out of town for the whole last week. But I would have been there if I could. No matter if we win or lose.

I hope you enjoyed the Curry Wurst at least.

Seems the victory in Bilbao did us good, Piza in good shape as well as Markus Rosenberg but I hope they work hard in Hamburg then a could result can come by but it will be a difficult game.