Bundesliga thread

Dieses Thema im Forum "International Board" wurde erstellt von waterboyro, 16. August 2008.

Diese Seite empfehlen

1. dix

dix

Well done - thank you for your sacrifice!

I guess you know what to do until June...:D

2. In my defence i can say that i also missed the Gladbach game, this year, when we made only a 1-1 draw at home.
    When we played this weekend against Stuttgart, i was in traffic in Bucharest(i was in delegation there) so i was still able to watch only on the live ticker on kicker.mobi wap site(i know it isn't a good idea to use the phone in traffic, but in Bucharest you have plenty of time to read at the red lights).

The best news for all Werder fans is that in the weekend i'll go skiing so that means I'll miss Dortmund game => big chance of winning. The not so good part for the superstitious is that is the same place where i was for the Gladbach game. Here are some links from the winter resort(if you see saturday or sunday a guy with a Werder scarf in the webcams ... it's me):
    Webcam 1
    Webcam 2

3. Yeah in the league after that loss in Dortmund there is nothing to play for in terms of prices but the honour which is an absolutely integral part of Werder's approach to any game. A feature that makes us great and outperform regularly. :D

We shall take that international "break" and use the time given to get key players fit and the team mentally ready for the rest of the games (for the business end of the season where we could appear twice in finals if things do work out 110 %). However, I hope we get more consistency in the selection policies with Schaaf having full powers over a fit squad (a dream with the many injuries at the moment). :(

I guess Frings' presence in a game like that in Dortmund as well as Rosenberg's pace could have given us more options in midfield and attack. A passing game against Dortmund without a holder and runner, one who gets the ball, the other one who creates runs through pace have been missed. Maybe the Stuttgart momentum could have been maintained then and confidence could have been improved. As they were out injured, I hope they get rested and regain their physical and mental best (getting into the rhytm really through a run of appearances). What happens when games resume again at the beginning of April is vital after the international "break."

Give it a push in the home games and the results will surely come with more scored goals, goals which come from grinding out results rather than dominating opponents. Hannover first, Udinese then, a lot to play for and a chance to restore confidence. Then Leverkusen, Udinese and Hertha away. That is where we need the confidence and cushion from the first leg and the Hannover home game. We have to put maximum effort into that.

As seen with Aston Villa in England in recent games, momentum can not just be transferred from game to game. When you switch off and field a weak team in the Uefa Cup competion or the domestic cup as they seemingly have done, the rhythm, a moody little fucker, is gone. Therefore, even if we are without a shout to qualify for the Uefa Cup through the league, we have to take every game as if they represent of these knockout matches in the cup.

I hoped for avoiding a pacey Man City as well as Hamburg in the quarters. This part of the draw was accomplished, however, if we get through we definetely pass one of them in the next round. I didn't want to play either of them , not because I disrespect other opponents as I truly believe all are within a substantial shout of winning the Uefa Cup for one reason or another which makes the cup so interesting this year and an enjoyment to follow, but because this tie will take a lot out of the two teams in terms of stamina and concentration. The best part is that one of them will be out. I hope for Hamburg knocking out Man City. In the event of a possible semi-final of the Uefa Cup :applaus: after disposing of the (very, very good) opposition from Udinese (hopefully), this one draw after all with whom I could live it. I hope that Man City which did show away from home (as they did in Aalborg) that they seem to perform rather indifferent is good for us but I only fear that this season bullish, pacey and confident attackers may be able to shine against Werder in the Weserstadion. A quarter final against them would have come to early, however if it comes to it in the semis we should be in the state of mind to be able to take on. The stakes need to be one inch higher for this to come. But, I hope that Premiership-experienced Manager Martin Jol has a chance to get them out of the cup. I see the odds (55 % - 45 % for Hamburg).

I am not saying this because I think Hamburg will be easier, by no means is that the case but I have a feeling as with Arsenal in the 1999/2000 season that we have problem dealing with the English pace not until the team has not shown that it is settled, which it somehow through to his inconsistency it hasn't. We know Hamburg in and out, the same like they do with us, sometimes they fox us out, sometimes we fox them out in direct encounters but the odds are even. Schaaf and Jol this will be a battle of Managers as well. Man city would be the new team in the equation for us.

We need to step up if we want to get to the semis in the Uefa Cup and maybe beyond, but it is in us. As for the German cup, I am not thinking about that match until the match is the next one the positive excitement which will turn into more anxiousness and positive alertness before the match will come. It will be an epic match.

There's still a hell of a lot to play for for us. Let's get some silverware. :svw_applaus:

Somehow, as said, we seem to have a home form although not scoring much but that is something I am sure will be overcome by the continous effort of just scoring and hopefully get two strikers that can combine together in whatever formation (Rosenberg or Almeida as second striker and maybe Harnik and Hunt with frequent appearances but they have to show something for it). Defence at the moment seems settle or at least alert enough to take matters serious but there is no support from front as we are lacking this consistent stabilising momentum-building element of selection options due to the many injuries.

Next season will be a season of restructuring plus an evaluation of the assets there. The general Werder approach to things shall not be scrutinised, this is what made us strong. There must be changes in the personel, however. I think individually everybody there is capable if they perform at their best and display that day-in and day-out but we haven't reached the consistency as of yet but there are sixteen games to come. :beer:

4. killiefan

killiefan

Kartenverkäufe:
    +7
    Hi Everyone

I am visiting Bremen again on May 15-17 for the game v KSC. There are three of us again this time & we will again be in Amadeus before the game. Anyone fancy meeting before/after the game for some :beer:?

5. Haha, you might be there for the last home game of Diego. Enjoy the match!

6. cz_werder

cz_werder

Kartenverkäufe:
    +1
    bremeramerikaline: great post!!

After second 5:0 win against Frankfurt in this season, fans and the team of Frankfurt have to love us:lol:

Hope Weder will continue to score like that in the weekend and, above all, in Istanbul!!

Btw. it seems Diego is leaving to Juve :o Does somebody know, if there is some possible substitute for him on the way?

7. I hope and think we already have that substitute: Ozil.

8. cz_werder

cz_werder

Kartenverkäufe:
    +1
    Hmm, this was not really nice leave-taking with the Bundesliga Saison in Wolfsburg:confused: Even the result was so unimportant for us and everybody had Berlin in their minds.But to say the Saison 08/09 was succesful for Werder, we have to succeed in Berlin.Hope the fans will be as loud as in Istanbul and it'll be a Werder home game:svw_applaus:

9. Yeah, wasn't great, in the final we were a bit flat. I really was missing Almeida. He could have made a difference & Diego would have been vital.

Season is over, apart from the cup final and that was all that mattered this season. I didn't want get a beating like this but it came at the time it would have mattered near to nothing. Wolfsburg deserves the title, this will be good for German football. All in all, Bayern is also qualified for the Champions League and if we can qualify for Europe and rebuild. It's gonna be a good season next year with loads of challenges...But, we are in with a shout...

10. cz_werder

cz_werder

Kartenverkäufe:
    +1
    And finally, another bundesliga year has began last weekend. Well, I hope Werder will forget this unlucky start against Frankfurt as quick as possible. We play Bayern already in the 2nd round,very tough check so early! Remember what has happend in Alianzarena last autumn ?;)

Btw. what are your expectations for this year?Hmm, I dream about a CL-spot in the end.....

11. I have just watched the game on ESPN. Werder defended very efficiently.

I guess it must have been hot weather in Munich because the game was played very slow. But it was good to watch.

12. cz_werder

cz_werder

Kartenverkäufe:
    +1
    3:2 victory at Hertha and we are on the 3rd (champions league) spot:applaus:

It's been long time since we could enjoy a view on the bundesliga table like that:svw_applaus:

13. Yes, and the next match is against Hannover. So, I think there will be no problem for the next three points running for 1st place :)

14. Exactly that attitude cost us dearly in the last three seasons, I would say. ;)

I still think we nearly edged it in the Championship in 2006 (and in 2007, I would say we were a bit flat), best season of Schaaf's and Allofs' Werder since winning the Double in 2004. Mouthwatering team...The last Werder team that was rightly balanced I would say.

This season starts to look good though...

Could be interesting to see with what confidence Mesut comes back from the National Team, other players got a rest, could serve them well during a long season. Quality will get into Loew's squad (Tim Wiese!) eventually, hopefully.

15. Next Bundesliga match will be versus a team with a great moment of form, the Bayer Leverkusen.

Can We stop the "magic moment" of "der aspirin"? I'm sure we can!!

(excuse for my rough use of english :( )

16. Werder-Bär

Werder-Bär

Kartenverkäufe:
    +10
    I hope we can. Werder has lost the game against Enschede. The team needs points to reach the international places. If Werder plays with will and gives 100%, a win is possible.

17. Agreed - the chances for international places is most important right now and we need to get back to our early form in the Bundesliga. Another long streak with no defeats would be nice to see again.

18. Werder-Bär

Werder-Bär

Kartenverkäufe:
    +10
    I see at the moment that it's a moot question whether Pizarro and Hunt can play against Bayer. Both are hurt. I hope that they will be fit tomorrow. :(

19. Too Much Injuries in 09/10, Boenisch out for a long time, minor injuries nearly every match (Pasanen with Twente for exemple) , That is I called Unlucky situation.

Well, without Aaron we can use midfield diamond with Torsten Halfback, Tim and Peter central midfield, and Mesut Playmaker. Without Claudio Strikers may be Marko and Hugo.

We can stop Bayer only if we play conscious of our strength, which, if we do believe, overpassed the bayer's one.